We believe that education can enhance the power of individuals to solve problems for themselves, their families, communities, and society at large.
To solve problems, people need knowledge and skills:
- Critical-thinking skills, research skills, knowing how, when, and what questions to ask to dig deeper and gain understanding — question everything!
- Scientific methodology — Formulate a hypothesis, test, evaluate data, and replicate.
- Civil discourse skills — Empowering students with civil discourse skills allows them to become better leaders for our future. Teaching them that the ability to listen to, and respectfully discuss and debate with others, especially those who hold views contrary to their own, builds that foundation.
Other important ideas:
- The rights of all individuals matter equally.
- Voluntary association — no coercion.
- Do no harm to others.
- The rule of law — applied equally to all.
The more people are free to make their own decisions about their lives, to direct it in a manner they wish, the greater their happiness.
izzit.org is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit producer of educational materials.